Care for Sexually Transmitted Infections
The overall responsibility of this unit is to provide quality assured care for people infected or affected by sexually transmitted Infections (STI) through NSACP’s island wide clinic network. Broader areas include treatment and care of STI and prevention of mother to child transmission of STIs, development and update of various policies, protocols, SOPs, and guidelines.
Scope of work
- Provision of treatment and care for STIs
- Prevention of mother to child transmission of STIs e.g., Syphilis etc.
Scope of work
- To work within and support the relevant National AIDS Committee (NAC) technical working group to develop and regularly up-date national policies, strategies, guidelines, protocols, and standardized operational procedures (SOP) for implementation of STI care services in Sri Lanka
- To collaborate with senior management team (SMT) and other relevant authorities in decision making and carrying out of STI care services.
- To work with other NSACP Units to develop comprehensive and coordinated plans for implementation of the National Strategic Plan and other relevant activities.
- To coordinate and work in partnership with public, private, civil society organizations, and development partners at local, national, and international level.
- To maintain the provision STI care services through the service delivery points of the National STD/AIDS control Programme in quality assured manner.
- To coordinate with and support institutions within and outside the Ministry of Health in the expansion of appropriate, high quality STI care services.
- Training and capacity building of individuals/institutions in the public, private and civil society organizations on STI care services, in partnership with relevant programme areas in the NSACP
- To supervise and monitor the quality of STI care services in the programme.
- Provision of technical support, assistance and guidance to provinces, districts and other organizations and agencies in improving quality, supply, and access to STI care services.
- Need assessment and provision of technical assistance for supply and procurement of necessary items or services for STI care services.