HIV Testing services
This programme area is responsible for planning and implementation of HIV testing services and related issues in the National STD/AIDS Control Programme.
Scope of work
- To work within and support the relevant NAC technical working groups to develop and regularly up-date national policies, strategies, guidelines, protocols, and standardized operational procedures (SOP) for implementation of HIV testing services in Sri Lanka.
- To collaborate with the senior management team (SMT), and other relevant authorities in decision making and implementing HIV testing services.
- To work with other NSACP Units to develop comprehensive and coordinated plans for implementation of the National Strategic Plan and other relevant activities.
- To prepare an action plan to meet the requirements of the NSP related to HIV testing services, and assure implementation of the action plan in collaboration with the other relevant programme areas
- To coordinate and work in partnership with public, private, civil society organizations, and development partners at local, national, and international level.
- To maintain the provision of HIV testing services through the service delivery points of the National STD/AIDS control Programme including the district STD clinics in a quality assured manner.
- Provision of technical support, assistance and guidance to provinces, districts and other organizations and agencies in improving quality, supply and access to HIV testing services.
- To coordinate with and support institutions within and outside the Ministry of Health in the expansion of appropriate, high quality HIV testing services.
- Training and capacity building of individuals/institutions in the public, private and civil society organizations on HIV testing services, in partnership with relevant programme areas in the NSACP.
- Working in collaboration with other relevant programme areas to assure the supply and procurement of necessary items or services for HIV testing.
- Planning and conducting research activities related to HIV testing services