Multi Sectoral Coordination Unit
This unit is responsible for planning, monitoring, evaluation, and implementation of intervention strategies and mainstreaming of STI/HIV concerns to sectors to address risk and vulnerability issues
- Intersectoral coordination
- Mainstreaming of STI and HIV concerns to sectors
- Project focal point for GFATM R9 - Prison sector, UNFPA, Police Sector, Armed forces Programs.
Scope of Work
- To coordinate with and support institutions within and outside the Ministry of Health in the expansion of appropriate, high quality multisectoral services.
- To maintain the provision of multisectoral service package through the service delivery points of the National STD/AIDS control Programme in quality assured manner.
- To coordinate and work in partnership with public, private, civil society organizations, and development partners at local, national, and international level.
- Training and capacity building of individuals/institutions in the public, private and civil society organizations on multisectoral services, in partnership with relevant programme areas in the NSACP.
- To supervise and monitor the quality of multisectoral service interventions in the programme.
- Provision of technical support, assistance and guidance to provinces, districts and other organizations and agencies in improving quality, supply, and access to multisectoral programme.
- Need assessment and provision of technical assistance for supply and procurement of necessary items or services for multisectoral programme.
- To work within and support the relevant NAC technical working group to develop and regularly up-date national policies, strategies, guidelines, protocols and standardized operational procedures (SOP) for implementation of multisectoral programme in Sri Lanka.
- To collaborate with senior management team (SMT) and other relevant authorities in decision making and carrying out of multisectoral programme.
- To work with other NSACP Units to develop comprehensive and coordinated plans for implementation of the National Strategic Plan and other relevant activities.